Bette McTamney
Bette McTamney
4092 Skippack Pike, P.O. Box 880  Skippack, PA 19474
Phone: 610-584-1160 1505 |Office Phone: 610-584-1160 | Fax: 267-354-6985
Cell: 610-256-9619 |

< Back to My Blog

How to Prevent a Fire in Your Home

February 2, 2018 1:24 am

Whether you're a lover of candles or toasty fires in the fireplace, watching flames flicker from the comfort of your own home can be lovely. However, home fires are the leading cause of home damage, so keep the following safety measures in mind, courtesy of American Red Cross.

- Keep all potential sources of fuel–paper, clothing, bedding, curtains or rugs–at least three feet away from sources of heat.
- Never leave portable heaters and fireplaces unattended.
- Place space heaters on a level, hard and nonflammable surface. Keep children and pets away from space heaters. Look for space heaters that shut off automatically if they are to fall over.
- Never use a cooking range or oven to heat your home.
-  Keep fire in your fireplace by using a glass or metal fire screen.

Source: American Red Cross

Published with permission from RISMedia.

Copyright© 2018 by  eWebEngine - A Division of Lone Wolf Real Estate Technologies
Powered by Lone Wolf - Real Estate Technologies
Each RE/MAX office is independently owned and operated Equal Housing Opportunity
RE/MAX 440, PA
Agents Only