4092 Skippack Pike, P.O. Box 880 Skippack, PA 19474
Phone: 610-584-1160 1505 |Office Phone: 610-584-1160 | Fax: 267-354-6985
Cell: 610-256-9619 | email@example.com
< Back to My Blog
August 19, 2016 2:46 am
More and more homeowners are investing in luxurious, technology-equipped master baths, incorporating features that range from built-in sound and radiant flooring to self-cleaning toilets and towel warmers.
This is according to the recently released U.S. Houzz Bathroom Trends Survey, which polled over 2,000 homeowners who are either in the midst of, are planning to, or have recently completed a master bath remodel.
“Our recent industry and consumer studies show an uptick in discretionary projects and spending in several areas of the home, including bathrooms,” said Nino Sitchinava, principal economist at Houzz, in a statement. “The Bathroom Trends study sheds light into what is behind the spending increase in renovations of these rooms, including a rise in high-tech and luxury features.”
Of those surveyed:
• 54 percent upgraded a master bathroom shower to a model with luxury features, such as a rainfall showerhead;
• 20 percent upgraded a master bathroom tub to a model with luxury features, such as room for two; and
• 6 percent upgraded a master bathroom toilet to a model with luxury features, such as a bidet.
• 20 percent upgraded a master bathroom toilet to a model with high-tech features, such as a built-in night light or motion-activated seat;
• 12 percent upgraded a master bathroom tub to a model with high-tech features, such as a heated backrest or scented mist dispenser; and
• 9 percent upgraded a master bathroom shower to a model with high-tech features, such as digital controls or mood lighting.
The most common elements and finishes in luxe-meets-tech baths, according to the survey, include:
• Ceramic/Porcelain Tile
• Gray Paint
• White Countertops/Cabinetry
Homeowners are shelling out to achieve the luxe-tech look, the survey concludes: two in five of those surveyed spent $10,000 - $25,000, and one-third spent over $25,000.
Published with permission from RISMedia.
Copyright© 2017 by eWebEngine - A Division of Lone Wolf Real Estate Technologies
Each RE/MAX office is independently owned and operated
RE/MAX 440, PA